Council of Social Welfare offers a small loan to people struggling with poverty due to temporary absence from work

The provision of emergency small loans is a system that makes small loans to those in need when it becomes hard to make their living urgently and temporarily.

Who is available ?

The household whose income has dropped affected by COVID-19 and which needs an urgent and temporary loan for living

It is also applicable for those with reduced income due to COVID-19 even if you are not absent from work.

Requirements for foreign residents

Requirements differ from one local government to another. Please check it out what is necessary in your own city. In Tokyo, for example, you need to meet both requirements 1) and 2) to receive it.

The person falls under A or B.

A. Under the following status of residence

Permanent Resident, Spouse or Child of Japanese National, Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident, Long Term Resident, Spouse or Child of Long Term Resident, etc.

B. Special Permanent Resident

The person has lived at his/her current address for more than 6 months and is supposed to live in Japan permanently.

Loan Detail

  • 200,000 yen
  • The income has been reduced due to the closing of school and lacked the necessary expenses for living since a sole proprietor is in your household.

  • 100,000 yen
  • Other than above

  • Grace Period
  • Not exceeding 1 year

  • The Due date
  • Not exceeding 2 years

  • Exemption for repayment;
  • Those exempt from municipal-tax whose income does not stop dropping when the redemption date has come;

    Those living on welfare, those handicapped, single mothers/fathers and widows with an annual income of about 2,040,000 yen (gross income in the previous calendar year of less than 1,250,000 yen).

  • Interest on Loan or Guarantor
  • No interest & No guarantor required

    Where should I get information or consult?

    it depends on your local government, please contact with your local government council of social welfare

    Example For Tokyo/Shinjuku for you help Call Shinjuku council of social welfare: 03-5273-3541

    Go to next artivle another loan

    Go back Documentation neeed when I lost my Job